Synthetic Heavy-Duty Diesel & Marine Motor Oil (AME) SAE 15W-40
Engineered for all types of diesel engines with an emphasis on modern, low emission heavy duty diesel engines. High 12 TBN controls acids from combustion blow-by and EGR. High levels of detergency and dispersancy additives control soot thickening, oxidation and wear. Resists bore polishing, deposit formation and ring sticking. Provides clean engine performance. Extended drain capabilities reduce downtime and motor oil expenses.
Package sizes include:
AMSOIL, the leader in automotive synthetic lubrication, produced the world's first API qualified synthetic motor oil in 1972. Trust the extensive experience of AMSOIL The First in Synthetics ® to do the best job protecting your engine.
Extends Drain Intervals
Advanced Soot and Wear Control Formula
Maximizes Fuel Economy, Reduces Oil Consumption and Emissions
Excellent Cold Flow Properties
Below: Noack Volatility, % weight loss (g/100g) (ASTM D-5800)
AMSOIL Synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel & Marine Motor Oil is recommended for use in diesel engines and other applications requiring any of the listed worldwide specifications and gasoline engines requiring API SL, SJ, SH… or ACEA A3.
Aftermarket oil additives are not recommended for use with AMSOIL motor oils.
Personal Light Truck Diesel Engine Service
• Normal Service (3) -- Up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, or longer based on oil analysis.
• Severe Service (4) -- Up to 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, or longer based on oil analysis.
• Replace AMSOIL Ea™ full flow oil filter at the time of oil change up to 25,000 miles (other brands at standard OEM* intervals).
Commercial or Fleet Vehicles, Long-Haul Trucks, Marine Craft, RV, Off-Road Equipment
• Non-EGR equipped diesels -- extend drain intervals up to two times (2X) the OEM* recommended drain interval or one year, whichever comes first, or longer based on oil analysis.
• EGR equipped or low emission diesels -- extend drain intervals based on oil analysis or use the longest drain recommendation of the OEM*.
• Replace Donaldson Endurance™ or AMSOIL Ea™ full flow oil filters at the time of oil change up to two times (2X) longer than the OEM* standard interval, not to exceed 60,000 miles in long-haul trucks.
Gasoline Engine Service
• In gasoline engines, oil drain intervals may be extended up to two times (2X) the OEM* recommended drain interval (not to exceed 15,000 miles without oil analysis) or one year, whichever comes first. Replace AMSOIL Ea™ full flow filter at the time of oil change up to 25,000 miles. Replace other brand oil filters at standard OEM* intervals.
*OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer
(1) Engines operating under modified conditions are excluded from extended drain recommendations. Examples include the use of performance computer chips; non-OEM approved exhaust, fuel or air induction systems; and the use of fuels other than those recommended for normal operation by the manufacturer.
(2) Engines are in good working condition and within the factory design settings. Mechanically sound engines, for example, do not leak oil or consume excessive amounts, are not worn out, do not overheat, do not have internal or external anti-freeze leaks and have a properly working emission control system. AMSOIL recommends repairs be made to malfunctioning engines prior to the installation of AMSOIL synthetic oils.
(3) Personal transportation vehicles frequently traveling greater than 10 miles (16 km) at a time and not operating under severe service.
(4) Extensive engine idling, daily short trip driving less than 10 miles (16 km), frequent towing, plowing, hauling heavy loads or dusty-condition driving.
AMSOIL Ea™ and Donaldson Endurance™ full flow oil filters are designed for extended drain intervals. They stop smaller particles, have less restriction and last longer than regular filters. For best performance, use AMSOIL Ea or Donaldson Endurance oil filters.
AMSOIL by-pass oil filters are specialized for the removal of small, wear-causing dirt particles, thereby extending engine life. AMSOIL encourages using an AMSOIL bypass filter system for maximum engine and oil life.
Oil Analyzers Inc. , 715-395-0222, is a division of AMSOIL that provides cost effective, quality oil analysis services.
Health & Safety